Nutritious and high-calorie foods for the heart
Healthy eating habits help make a healthy heart. Being overweight is one of the causes of heart diseases and it depends on your diet plan. By adopting healthy heart diet plans, one can easily get rid of this. Heart healthy diets comprise fruits and vegetables, whole grains, dark chocolates, dairy products with low fat, skinless poultry, low-fat meat, eggs, nuts and seeds, certain vegetable oils, etc.
Intaking of nutritious and high-calorie foods means eating a healthy diet. By knowing the calories of the intaking food one can control the diet also. To start a healthy diet, it is important to know the nutritional value of the foods.
- Fish is a very good source of protein and other nutrients. Fish with high omega-3 fatty acids can decrease the risk of any cardiovascular disease. Per 110 gram of fish supplies 110–140 calories, 20–25-gram protein, and 1–5-gram fats.
- Whole grains like oatmeal, bread, pasta, etc. are soluble fiber-containing foods with high calories are useful for lowering cholesterol levels.
- Oranges, grapefruit, lemons, and pomelo are a good source of vitamin C. By including them in healthy heart diets’ list, one can get many health benefits.
- Soy products are a good source of protein and heart healthy omega-3, which provides high nutritional values to a diet without adding cholesterol and fats. Per 100 gram of raw soybean contains 36% proteins, 20% fat, 30% carbohydrates, 9% water, and 446 calories. Commonly available soy products are soybeans, soy milk, tofu, soy nut butter, soy cheese, etc. Regular intake of soy products can help reduce bad cholesterol levels. Heart patients can decrease the risk of heart attack which results in overall health benefits.
- Although potato is considered as one of the weight increasing vegetables because of its high content of starch, it is a very good source of calories and nutritional value when consumed in moderation. Potatoes are rich in potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin B6 with a very low amount of fat and sodium. But the nutritional value of potatoes depends on the methods of cooking; boiling, baking, and steaming potatoes have good health benefits, but deep-fried potatoes have a negative health impact.
So, these nutritious and high-calorie foods can be considered in a healthy heart diet by adding them to it.
- healthy snack ideas
- Leptin Diet
- low carb snack foods
- Top Rated Probiotics D
- Top Rated Probiotics T
- what are health snacks for children