5 simple steps to make your own wedding invitation
If you are tight on your wedding budget and have decided to make your own wedding invitation, you are probably wondering where to start from. It can be a little overwhelming, but with a little bit of organization and planning, it can be quite easy to make your own invitation at home. Here are 5 easy steps to get you started on making your own wedding invitation.
- Pick the design: The design of the wedding invitation reflects the personal style and taste of the bride and groom. Check websites selling wedding invitations, wedding magazines, and wedding websites to find the inspiration for your wedding invitation design. Order samples to get an exact idea of how the invitation will look off-screen. You can mix up different designs from multiple samples, or you can just go ahead and create your own design.
- Decide the budget: Before you start making your own wedding invitation, set the budget. It should not happen that you set your heart on a design, only to find that you cannot afford the design and the materials that will go into the making of your card. While setting the budget, decide on the number of guests you will be inviting.
- Pick the envelopes: Customized envelopes are hard to find, unless you are making them as well. However, it can be quite time-consuming to make envelopes along with the cards. Envelopes are available in standard sizes. Before going ahead with the making of the wedding invitation, pick the envelope. You have to make sure your invitation fits into the envelope you have picked.
- Print the inserts: The inserts are where all the important information about your wedding will go. You can take a pick from a wide range of textures, colors, and patterns. You can even use decorative papers and contrasting cards. Invest a lot of time and efforts in getting the words of the insert right. Pick a font that is easy to read and yet compliments the overall look and feel of your wedding invitation. Accent-colored foils and metallic foil inserts often enhance the look of wedding invitations.
- Get all the tools home: When making your own wedding invitations, you can buy cards that are already folded and inserts that are already cut. However, if you are on a very tight budget and need to make a lot of cards, you will need to buy card-making tools. These include paper trimmers, card folding boards, bone folders, and different types of glues.
Tag: wedding invitation
- wedding invitation